"Who Wants to Marry a U.S. Citizen?" was a show devised by Morusa Media in California in 2007, which by the end of that year had already come up with the first pool of contestants and a host signed up.
The idea? A lucky, single American woman goes on dates with three handsome but illegal immigrants and at the end picks one with which to spend the rest of her life. Sounds like a fun way to get a green card but the producers made no promises that a marriage would occur or lead to U.S. citizenship. The host, Angelo Gonzales argued: 'There are thousands of US citizens seeking a spouse, and just as many immigrants seeking the same. So we want to make it a win-win situation for all involved'.
|< Prev||Next >|
- Russians' Economic Expectations
- What is a "Real American?"
- Famous Quotations About Banks
- The Truth About Baby Food Jars
- Without increased immigration, whites would lose their U.S. majority in 2046
- How Jimmy Carter and Z. Brzezinski Started the Afgan War
- The Misrepresentation of Sochi in the Western Media
- Sochi, Russia
- Sochi 2014 - Winter Olympics
- Statistics on Immigrants and Immigration in the United States
- Mendoza Grape Harvest Festival 2014
- List of World’s Largest Creditor and Debtor Nations
- Kazakhstan devalues tenge by 19 percent to stymie speculators
- NBC Edits Out IOC Anti-Discrimination Statement From Opening Ceremony
- Obesity and Genetics